lørdag 13. oktober 2012

Dewey's read-a-thon: a running update post

Starting an hour late, but am rearing to go. :)

To keep things easy for myself I'll be keeping a running update on what I'm reading etc in one post, just as I did last time. First, here's a picture of the books I'll be choosing from for this round:



Let the reading begin. :)

Updates:
- 15:05, Started reading The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost
- 18:00, It's taken me 3 hours to read just 80 pages of The Paladin Prophecy, it's just not grabbing my attention. The book might get more interesting further along, but I think I'll put it aside for now and go with another book.
- 18:10, Started Personal Effects by E.M. Kokie
- 18:46, Only 30 pages in, but I'm really liking Personal Effects.
- 21:37, Still loving Personal Effects. Strong, full of difficult emotions and ... *sigh* I'm reading slow so the book will last longer. Also I participated in I Heart Monster's Day Break Mini-Challenge: Go outside and do something, then post about it. I went out on the balcony with hook-screws and two (quite basic) bird feeders, and attached them to the balcony-poles:


Btw, I'd recommend waiting to do this until it's not dark and raining outside. :)
- 01:05, Finished Personal Effects, and I'm so glad I read it.
- 01:25, Started Thou Shalt Not Road-Trip by Antony John
- 02:00, Started the Captain Underpants-books (I need some humour)
- 05:38, I always seem to fall asleep and wake up at about the same time every Read-a-thon. Now, back to Captain Underpants and his Wedgie Power!
- 08:00, I've gotten sick, so I'll have to break. :(

I look forward to the next Read-a-Thon in spring. :)

15 kommentarer:

  1. Kos deg masse med lesinga :)

    SvarSlett
  2. Your books look great! Enjoy :)

    SvarSlett
  3. I'm getting a late start too. We'll catch up in no time! Happy reading!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thanks! The reading goes fast with the right books. :)

      Slett
  4. Sounds like you're doing great so far--keep up the good readathon-ing! :) #cheertamales

    SvarSlett
  5. I am here to cheer you on during this read-a-thon so remember just keep on keepin' on...Go Go Go!!! #cheertamales P.S. Thou Shalt Not Road Trip sounds interesting.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I love Antony John's other book (Five Flavors of Dumb), so I'm really looking forward to reading Thou Shalt not Road Trip. :)

      Slett
  6. Your bird feeders look so pretty!

    SvarSlett
  7. I think Captain Underpants is a fantastic addition to Readathon!

    Read all day
    Read all night
    Read that book
    'Til the morning light!

    #CheerTamales

    SvarSlett
  8. I'm cracking up....I love it that you are reading Captain Underpants! Perfect reading for this readathon!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Captain Underpants is too much fun to be left sitting on the shelf. :)

      Slett
  9. Happy Half way!

    I hope you are having a great readathon!

    Lisa
    #cheertamales

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...