lørdag 22. oktober 2011

Dewey's Read-a-thon: a running update

Almost time to start reading!

To keep things easy for myself I'll be keeping a running update on what I'm reading etc in one post. First, here's a picture of the books I'll be choosing between the next 24 hours. I won't get through near half of them, but I like having a wide selection. :)


Let the fun begin. :)

Updates:
- 14:00, starting to read Memento Nora by Angie Smibert.
- 16:00, taking part in the character photo mini challenge at At Home With Books: my photo
- 16:51, finished Memento Nora -- I really liked this book. It's a pretty quick read, but it's clever, well written, and scarily plausible.
- 16:58, starting to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
- 21:35, I'm still reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It's such an interesting and lovely book I just want to savour it. Also, I'm taking part in the top five mini challenge at Lisas's World of Books: my list.
- 22:43, I don't want to finish The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I love too much. But, I suppose even great books must come to an end. In an attempt to postpone that end, I participated in the book sentence challenge at Midnight Book Girl: my sentence.
- 23:26 , finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower -- why haven't I read this book before now? It's just such a wonderful and incredible book. It's making me want to host a new giveaway just as an excuse to give this book to someone else.
- 23:40, starting to read Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie.
- 04:36, got the Internet back and finished the Mid-event survey: my answers.
- 05:39, taking part in the rereading challenge at The Blue Stockings: my answers.
- 07:30, finished Girl, Missing -- the were some things about the plot that just had to be taken at face value to make the story work, but overall an entertaining book.
- 07:40, starting Vesper by Jeff Sampson.
- 09:17, the challenge for this hour is yoga poses. I'm not really bendable so I skipped the yoga and jogged up and down the stairs instead. As for Vesper, I'm at page 122 and the story is really good! It's fun and well written and has mysterious things happening to Emily, the main character. So glad I picked this as one of my Read-a-thon books. :)
- 10:47, the zombie mini challenge: my cover.
- 11:37, finished Vesper. Awesome book, I'll be pre-ordering the sequel!
- 11:42, starting Elvis & Olive by Stephanie Watson.
- 11:55, joined Fancy Ladies' dance challenge. It was more imitation-dancing while playing fetch with my cats, but the music was fun. :)
The songs I used:
1. We Are Young, We Are Strong - Mika
2. Bad Reputation - The Hit Girls
3. Conga - Gloria Estefan
- 13:38, finished Elvis & Olive. Good book about friendship, secrets, and acceptance.
- 13:40, starting The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson.
- 14:02, completed the End of Event-meme at Dewey: my answers.

That's it for me. It's been fun and I look forward to taking part again next time. Thanks to the nice people at the Read-a-thon for all their work, great job! :)

4 kommentarer:

  1. Wow! Great stack of books. I haven't read any but there's a song When the Stars Go Blue that I just love.

    Enjoy!!

    SvarSlett
  2. I will, and I can recommend anything by Sherman Alexie - he's an incredible author.

    SvarSlett
  3. I'm here to cheer! Great stack of books and you're making wonderful progress through them. I love your mini-challenge posts, too!

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...