søndag 22. mai 2011

Ukens smakebit: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

Den ukentlige utfordingen fra Ladybug: del et par setninger fra en bok du leser nå på bloggen din.

Ukens smakebit kommer fra The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie av Alan Bradley, s. 32:

Ophelia and Daphne were already at the breakfast table. Mrs. Mullet had leaked the grim news, and there had been ample time for them to arrange themselves in poses of pretended indifference.

Ophelia's lips had still not reacted to my little preparation, and I made a mental note to record the time of my observation and the results later.

"I found a dead body in the cucumber patch," I told them.

"How very like you," Ophelia said, and went on preening her eyebrows.

En herlig cozy-krim. Litt som en mix av Agatha Christie og The Addams Family.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...